Mango-Strawberry Chia Seed Punch
With summer knocking on my door, it was impossible to resist the heaven-worthy organic strawberries that greeted me as I walked into Whole Foods today. And who can resist the golden skin and hypnotic aroma of a ripe mango? Not I! Which is exactly how this glorious Mango-Strawberry Chia Seed Punch was born.
If you’ve never sipped a chia seed beverage before, just go into it thinking of un-firmed Jello (is that even a thing?). Good thing these gelatinous little buggers are packed with superfood nutrition: dense with soluable and insoluable fiber, dripping with Omega 3s, and exploding with protein. Your body will thank you for making these seeds the main attraction in this tasty drink.
Try pairing the sweet, tart flavors of this punch with a fresh dinner salad or a light brunch. This recipe is tremendously flexible, too. I’ll bet it would be equally delicious with peaches and raspberries, or plum and rosemary.
What is your favorite way to use chia seeds? Leave a comment below and tell us about it!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 ripe Ataulfo mangoes (small yellow fruit), peeled and removed from pit
- 1 cup strawberries, tops removed
- 3-4 cups pure coconut water
- 2 Tbsp agave (optional)
- 1. Combine the chia seeds and filtered water in a small bowl. Allow chia seeds to rehydrate for 10 minutes.
- 2. Blend the mango pieces, strawberries, and coconut water until liquified*. Add agave, to taste.
- 3. Stir, or lightly blend, the rehydrated chia seeds into the mango-strawberry puree.
- 4. Enjoy!
- * Want to add even more super strength to your punch? Toss your favorite leafy green in with the fruit.